- UN Convention on Independent Guarantees and Stand-by Letters of Credit 2007
- CHAPTER I. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- CHAPTER II. INTERPRETATION
- CHAPTER III. FORM AND CONTENT OF UNDERTAKING
- CHAPTER IV. RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND DEFENCES
- CHAPTER V. PROVISIONAL COURT MEASURESCHAPTER V. PROVISIONAL COURT MEASURES
- CHAPTER VI. CONFLICT OF LAWS
- CHAPTER VII. FINAL CLAUSES
- All Pages
Page 9 of 9
CHAPTER VII. FINAL CLAUSES
The Secretary-General of the United Nations is the depositary of this Convention.
Signature, ratification, acceptance, approval, accession
1. This Convention is open for signature by all States at the Headquarters of the United Nations, New York, until ... .
2. This Convention is subject to ratification, acceptance or approval by the signatory States.
3. This Convention is open to accession by all States which are not signatory States as from the date it is open for signature.
4. Instruments of ratification, acceptance, approval and accession are to be deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Application to territorial units
1. If a State has two or more territorial units in which different systems of law are applicable in relation to the matters dealt with in this Convention, it may, at the time of signature, ratification, acceptance, approval or accession, declare that this Convention is to extend to all its territorial units or only one or more of them, and may at any time substitute another declaration for its earlier declaration.
2. These declarations are to state expressly the territorial units to which the Convention extends.
3. If, by virtue of a declaration under this article, this Convention does not extend to all territorial units of a State and the place of business of the guarantor/issuer or of the beneficiary is located in a territorial unit to which the Convention does not extend, this place of business is considered not to be in a Contracting State.
4. If a State makes no declaration under paragraph 1 of this article, the Convention is to extend to all territorial units of that State.
Effect of declaration
1. Declarations made under article 25 at the time of signature are subject to confirmation upon ratification, acceptance or approval.
2. Declarations and confirmations of declarations are to be in writing and to be formally notified to the depositary.
3. A declaration takes effect simultaneously with the entry into force of this Convention in respect of the State concerned. However, a declaration of which the depositary receives formal notification after such entry into force takes effect on the first day of the month following the expiration of six months after the date of its receipt by the depositary.
4. Any State which makes a declaration under article 25 may withdraw it at any time by a formal notification in writing addressed to the depositary. Such withdrawal takes effect on the first day of the month following the expiration of six months after the date of the receipt of the notification of the depositary.
No reservations may be made to this Convention.
Entry into force
1. This Convention enters into force on the first day of the month following the expiration of one year from the date of the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession.
2. For each State which becomes a Contracting State to this Convention after the date of the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession, this Convention enters into force on the first day of the month following the expiration of one year after the date of the deposit of the appropriate instrument on behalf of that State.
3. This Convention applies only to undertakings issued on or after the date when the Convention enters into force in respect of the Contracting State referred to in subparagraph (a) or the Contracting State referred to in subparagraph (b) of paragraph 1 of article 1.
1. A Contracting State may denounce this Convention at any time by means of a notification in writing addressed to the depositary.
2. The denunciation takes effect on the first day of the month following the expiration of one year after the notification is received by the depositary. Where a longer period is specified in the notification, the denunciation takes effect upon the expiration of such longer period after the notification is received by the depositary.
DONE at ....., this ..... day of ..... one thousand nine hundred and ninety-...., in a single original, of which the Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish texts are equally authentic.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned plenipotentiaries, being duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed the present Convention.
- << Prev