Older Uniform Acts
1. In this Act, "convention" means the Convention for the Reciprocal Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters set out in the Schedule hereto.
Convention in force in Province
2. On, from and after the date the convention enters into force in respect of the Province as determined by the convention, the convention is in force in the Province and the provisions thereof are law in the Province.
Request to Designate Province and Courts
3. The (Minister of ______________ or _______________) shall
(a) request the Government of Canada to designate the Province as a province to which the convention extends; and
(b) determine the courts of the Province to which application for registration of a judgment given by a court of the United Kingdom may be made and request the Government of Canada to designate those courts for the purpose of the convention.
Publication of date and courts
4. The (Minister of _______________ or _________________) shall cause to be published in the Gazette the date the convention comes into force in the Province and the courts to which application for registration of a judgment given by a court of the United Kingdom may be made.
5. The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make such regulations as are necessary to carry out the intent and purpose of this Act.
This Act prevails
6. Where there is a conflict between this Act and any enactment, this Act prevails.